High-Level Feature List
- File Buffering – Enables decoupling of EMR applications and the Edge Server allowing for smoother operations even in the face of network and remote system availability glitches.
- Adapter Services – Enables the processing of various data formats such as HL7 v2, v3, HIPAA EDI etc.
- Transformation Services – Enables standardization and normalization of data.
- Workflow Engine – Actively processes the incoming data and orchestrates the data for appropriate local storage (in the XDS.b repository) as well as external communication.
- Communication Infrastructure – Enables privacy and security settings including consent management, IHE protocols for communication, certificate management, robust retry management, etc.
- Management and Monitoring – The Edge Servers generate audit logs as well as support management and monitoring interfaces that help monitor the health of the Edge Server.
- Hosting – The Edge Server can be deployed in a multi-tenant configuration i.e. you can run many virtual instances of Edge Servers on a single hardware instance.
Support for Centralized Hosting of Edge Devices
Our Edge Servers can be hosted centrally as part of the back office infrastructure. We can also host them in virtual instances on a single physical hardware infrastructure thus saving valuable dollars. And for providers unable or unwilling to use an Edge device, we are able to store their data by parsing directly to the Amalga data store.
Edge Device and the Core HIE Network
Using our provisioning wizard, a hosted virtual Edge Server can be provisioned in 15 minutes. When including hardware setup, the provisioning takes about four hours. Security between an Edge device and the core HIE network is handled via the IHE profile ATNA and encrypted using TLS/SSL 128 Bit encryption.
Edge servers are supported under support agreements with Microsoft and its partners. We have several remote management tools available that allow our support personnel to access the servers from remote locations using secure connections. We routinely provide such support to our customers today.